Monday 24 October 2011

Christmas Cake Ribbon - In Progress

This is my other Christmas project at the moment - a cross-stitched ribbon to go around the Christmas cake that my nan makes every year. The pattern came from "CrossStitcher" (October 2011), and was the free pack with the magazine. It was supposed to be stitched on 14count aida, but the piece that came in the pack was cut a bit wonkily so I decided to use 28count evenweave instead. I think I has come out a lot neater, and it means I'm getting more practice at using it!


It's still a work in progress. That's why the reindeers don't have any eyes or red noses!! They are supposed to be done as French Knots, but I'm not at all confident at them so I am going to get my hands on some black beads for their eyes and red beads for their noses.

The ribbon is a repeated pattern. These four cute reindeers are the basic pattern, that will get repeated until the cake is covered. I went to my nan's today and have got the circumference of the cake sorted, so now I can carry on stitching. Once that's done, it will get sewn onto wide red ribbon and hopefully look good :D

I'll post some more photos once it's done, and I'll definitely get one of it on the Christmas cake too!

No comments:

Post a Comment